This makes for a quick and delicious lunch, and tastes surprisingly similar to tuna salad, without the fishy aftertaste!
Time: 10 mins
- 1 15-oz can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tbsp Vegenaise
- 1 tbsp mustard (Yellow or brown, whatever your preference. I like to use Colman’s brand)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- black pepper
- multigrain bread, toasted
- sliced red onion
- spinach leaves
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl with a potato masher or a fork.
- Stir in celery, Vegenaise, mustard, soy sauce, paprika and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture onto the toast. Add red onion and a few spinach leaves per sandwich.