This simple recipe makes the best darn baked potato, with a fluffy inside and a crispy flavorful outside. Make sure the eat the skin, because that’s where the nutrients live!
Time: 60 mins
- 2 Idaho baking potatoes
- olive oil
- black pepper
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Poke a few holes on both sides of each potato, to avoid them exploding in the oven.
- rub or brush the outsie of each potato with olive oil, and roll in coarse salt.
- Place potatoes in the oven. (No aluminum foil necessary. I just place the potatoes on the rack, and put a pan underneath to catch any oil drippings)
- Roast potato for 60 minutes. Add margarine, salt and black pepper to taste.